Aaron Karger is the founding and managing partner of Law Office of Aaron A. Karger, P.A. Aaron was born in Long Prairie, Minnesota and raised in Bemidji, Minnesota. He graduated from the University of Minnesota where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Communications, was a member of the Phi Sigma Theta National Honor Society, and received a minor degree in business management from the affiliated Carlson School of Management. Aaron received his Juris Doctor from Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center where he graduated cum laude and earned recognition on the Dean’s List for his academic performance during his second and third years of law school. While in law school, Aaron was a recipient of the Florida Bar Public Service Fellowship and Grant, and was awarded a Silver Level membership in the Shepard Broad Law Center’s Pro Bono Honor Program.
Aaron concentrates his practice in the areas of personal injury, with an emphasis on negligent security cases, as well as personal injuries from intentional torts such as sexual assault and battery. Aaron also handles other more common types of personal injury cases such as automobile accidents, as well as slip/trip and falls. Early in his career, Aaron worked for the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office where he served as an Assistant State Attorney. As a prosecutor, Aaron argued dozens of motions including motion practice and oral argument at the appellate level, as well as tried multiple bench and jury trials to verdict. Thereafter, Aaron began his career in private practice working for a boutique law firm where he litigated personal injury and commercial and real estate litigation matters. Aaron also has a significant background in real estate sales, management and development. Prior to attending law school, Aaron worked as a sales director for a large real estate development group where he saw oversaw lending, construction, sales and closing coordination. Aaron is an active member of Dade Legal Aid where he routinely accepts Pro Bono cases through the Put Something Back Program.
Aaron has obtained millions of dollars on behalf of clients who have suffered personal injuries including those who were victims of assault and sexual battery:
- In 2016, Aaron obtained a $1.5 Million settlement from a daycare on behalf of two minors who were victims of sexual abuse while enrolled there.
- In 2020, Aaron and Pedro Echarte successfully litigated and obtained a $8.75 Million settlement in a Title IX case against the School Board of Miami-Dade County on behalf of several victims of sexual abuse, which received extensive news and media publicity.
- In 2021, Aaron obtained a $400,000 pre-suit settlement from a hotel on behalf of a client who was injured on the hotel property.
- In 2022, Aaron obtained a $518,000 settlement from a South Beach nightclub operator on behalf of three clients who were victims of battery while patrons there.
- In 2022 Aaron teamed with Attorney Ben Crump in a case brought against a residential group home for the disabled on behalf of a family whose son was killed at the home, due to an improper restraint employed by a staff person there. The case is currently ongoing.
Aaron is admitted to practice in Florida, and the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida.
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- University of Minnesota, B.A. Communications; Carlson School of Management, Minor: Management
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., cum laude
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Kristi House Children’s Advocacy Center, Board Member
- Lotus House Women’s Shelter, Sponsor
- Dade Legal Aid, Put Something Back Program
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Friends of the New World Symphony, Executive Committee Member and Vice-President (Past)
- Volunteer Mentor for Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater Miami (Past)
- Florida Real Estate Sales Associate Licensee
Awards and Honors:
- Florida Super Lawyers, Personal Injury practice (2018-2022)
- 2021 Social Impact of the Year Award, Daily Business Review’s Florida Legal Awards
- Top Ten Case Settlements and Verdicts of the Year Award in 2020, Daily Business Review
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite
- Expertise Award – Best Litigation Attorneys in Miami
- Florida Bar Public Service Fellow Recipient
- Pro Bono Honor Program, Silver Level
- Phi Sigma Theta National Honor Society, Member
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Business Entities (Partnerships and Corporations)
- Dean’s List